At Blown Away HVAC, we understand the stress of wondering if your furnace will make it through another winter – and how that stress increases with each strange noise it makes. The good news is that our team can assess the condition of your furnace, so you know exactly what those knocks and pings mean and help you understand your options.
A few of the common signs you might see as your furnace nears the end of its functionality include:
- The Age of the Furnace.Furnaces usually last between 15 and 20 years. If yours is getting close to or past this age, you should consider getting a new one.
- Increased Utility Bills.If your utility bills have increased even though the number on your thermostat has stayed the same, it might be a sign that it isn’t working as well as it should.
- Uneven Heating.If your home’s heating isn’t even, it could mean that your furnace is on its last leg. However, it could also be an issue with ventilation. Our team can assess the situation, so you know for sure.
- More Frequent Repairs. Increased repair needs often point to a system that won’t last much longer. We can help you understand your options, as well as the benefits that a new furnace might bring.
- Strange Sounds. Those peculiar sounds might mean your furnace needs repairs or replacement. When you talk to our team, we will ask about the sounds you’ve heard and when they started, along with giving your system a thorough evaluation.